Desserts are made to cleanse your palate and for some, a meal is never complete without a sweet ending.
There’s definitely no harm enjoying desserts especially when it’s not only naturally sweet but nutritious too.
Here are two fruit dessert options and since there are so many preferences when it comes to desserts, we’ve given you a cold and hot option to whip up!
1. Refreshing Mango Popsicle
- 2 Ripe mangoes, cubed
- 50 ml Filtered water
- Rind of 1 lemon
- In a blender or food processor, blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Then pour ingredients into individual popsicle moulds or paper cups and place a wooden popsicle stick in the middle.
- Freeze for at least 8 hours or until frozen.
2. Multi Fruits Crumble
- 30 g Rolled oats
- 65 g All-purpose flour
- 40 g Brown sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 85 g Unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 4 Granny smith apples,
- peeled and cubed
- 100 g Blueberries
- 200 g Strawberries
- 50 ml Water
- 1 Lime, juice only
- 50 g Brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Then in a bowl, sift flour and add sugar, rolled oats, nutmeg, salt and cinnamon.
- Cut cold butter into cubes and with your hands, rub the flour mixture until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Then, place all filling ingredients on a baking tray and give it a good mix.
- Place topping mixture on the fruits and bake in the oven.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Enjoy immediately!