When someone says “lavender,” you might instantly think of a lighter shade of purple. However, there’s more to it than its colour.
There are many possible health benefits of the lavender plant that may be useful to you one way or another. Here are some of the benefits that are common to many:
- Lavender is easily identified for its sweet floral scent that is commonly used in making fragrances.
- Lavender is commonly used in aromatherapy. Fragrance from lavender oils acts as a mood booster and instantly calms you down.
- This oil is useful in treating wellness issues such as in treating anxiety, insomnia, depression and restlessness.
- Using lavender oil helps relieves pain. Lavender oil can ease your joint pain, muscles and backache. Simply massage lavender oil onto the affected area.
- This herb nourishes your skin. Lavender oil is commonly used to treat skin complications like acne, eczema and wrinkles. Apart from that it heals insect bites and itchy skin. Lavender oil helps kill lice, lice eggs, and nits.
- Lavender tea is good for digestive issues such as vomiting, nausea, intestinal gas, upset stomach, and abdominal swelling.