Breakfast is believed to be the most important meal of the day. A good breakfast, one that is naturally packed with nutrients, will give you a good start to your day.
Unfortunately for many, your first meal for the day would typically consist of anything that you can grab and go in a second. That would usually mean processed foods packed with preservatives or pre-packed meals filled with carbohydrates and nothing more such as pancakes and waffles, bagels and breakfast cereals.
The importance of breakfast is often taken lightly but truth to be told, just like every other meal during the day, breakfast is equally important. Plus, since it’s the first meal to enter your digestive system for the day, why not give your body a good start?
We understand that mornings can get rather hectic and so, we’ve come up with two nutritious breakfast recipes that you can prepare in five minutes and the best part is, bring it along with you if you’re on the go!
1. Mango Banana Slushie
Banana is rich in potassium and vitamin B6. It’s an excellent energy source. Mangoes on the other hand, are rich in vitamin C and fibre.
- 1 Mango
- 1 Banana, peeled and frozen the night before
- ¾ cup Fresh milk
- ½ cup Ice
- In a personal blender, blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Then, transfer your drink to your favourite reusable cup and enjoy while you’re on the go.
2. Big Fruity Bowl
Fruits are a great source of natural nutrients and can be eaten at anytime of the day.
This naturally sweet breakfast bowl is packed with vitamins and minerals including vitamin C, magnesium and fibre.
- 1 Kiwi fruit
- ½ Dragon fruit
- 1 Banana
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean paste A handful of blueberries
- A handful of grapes
- With a knife and chopping board, dice kiwi fruit and dragon fruit and place into a bowl.
- Then, slice banana and grapes into halves and place into the same bowl.
- Mix blueberries into the same bowl and mix fruits with the vanilla bean paste and enjoy immediately.